THIS WEEK AT CHRIST CHURCH
Click to see what is happening this week, as announced in the Sunday service bulletins.
Week of August 5, 2018
“Music of Light and Shadow”: an evening of chamber music
Friday, September 7, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. in the Christ Church sanctuary
- Gail Collins, mezzo-soprano
- Chris Gekker, trumpeter
- Christine Castillo, flutist
- Theodore Guerrant, pianist
A free will offering will be taken for the Washington Episcopal Diocesan Immigrant Relief Fund. The program features music by Alistair Coleman, Manuel de Falla, Samuel Barber, Ned Rorem, Edvard Grieg, John Bucchino, Claude Debussy, Samuel Dylan Rosner, George Frideric Handel, Eric Ewazen, and Carson P. Cooman.
BACKPACKS FOR ARCOLA
It’s Backpack Time Again!
Please sponsor a backpack for an Arcola Elementary School first grader; and come help assemble about 60 backpacks on Sunday, August 19th following the 10am service. It’s easy:
- Pick up a Sponsor Kit with instructions from the Outreach table.
- Return it with a greeting card and donation towards cost of materials. (suggested donation is $18.00). Please return ASAP so members of the Outreach Committee can do the shopping.
- Come have fun after the service on the 19th to stuff them with supplies & love!
Many thanks for your generous support of this annual project.
Questions? Contact Virginia Sheard at 301.949.3372 or by email.